at 08 May 2021 15:24
Unfortunately, the date of the abuse from the police has increased than the data were updated to the last report from Temblores NGO
- The government negotiated the buying of vaccines late and the country is very late in the vaccination. Punishes the regions with weaker infrastructures due to their slow application of the small number of vaccines they send, by not sending them more vaccines. Colombia in his majority does not have roads and most areas that guards the jungle like the Amazon , the biogeographic Choco or the Orinoco, are not the exception. Right now, the Amazon border with Brazil is left alone and without any help. Leaving alone the communities, is condemned them to extermination, since for more than 200 years we have known that the indigenous communities are more vulnerable to flu illnesses. Without them Who is going to defend the jungle?.
- We are also affected by Climate Change. Last year the hurricane Lota went through La Isla de Providencia in the Caribbean, and it almost disappears from the map. The island contains the third biggest coralline barrier of the world , until now its habitants keep sleeping in tents under the rain because these government has not done anything for them, more than piling up rubble. Who and how will take care of the reef in the meantime?
- Colombia is tired and the people has decided to go out to the streets to protest. A protest that also supports the health staff because they have been working limitless for more than a year without any guarantees, a lot of them are not vaccinated and they even had to buy face masks with their own money. To top it off the government pretends to upgrade the health system, making it even more private and worst salary to the doctors. At the moment, there is health staff that is fighting against the pandemic that they owe them more than a year of salary and they had to buy without any salary their own protection materials. Under the new tax reform , if you get sick "is your fault because you did not take care of yourself" and the health insurance does not cover anything.
- The Colombian government knows what and how to talk to international community, but they are killing everyone slowly. The massacres return and everyday a social leader of the country gets kill, not counting it does not comply with the peace agreements, agreements that imply to share the land and to begin to plan our sustainable development. The government wants to bring back the armed conflict, only in that case they can sell and use our resources how they want to.
- Just to mention some examples in October 2020 Juana Perea was killed, who opposed to the construction of a bridge in Tribuga, in the pacific where the Humpback whales arrive every year to reproduce.
- Gonzalo Cardona Molina was killed on the 11 of January 2021, he dedicated his live protecting the yellow-eared Parrot (Ognorhynchus icterotis) that only habitats on the wax palms (Ceroxylon quindiuense) both endemic species over the Andes Mountains. ((pacifista.tv/)
- It is not just them; it is a lot more people at least 383 since 2016, when the peace agreements was sign, according to the portal Pacifista (pacifista.tv)
- Francisco Vera , an activist for the last 11 years has been threatened with death through Twitter (@franciscoactivista on Instagram )
Since April 2021, thousands of adults and teenagers
has thrown themselves into the streets to protest, the president decided to militarize the country and the bulletin number 5 of Human Rights Watch Colombia reported: Detained:
Missing: 319 Homicides: 14 ( 3 confirmed and
in verification) Wounded:458 (Civilians and Police)
Colombia is a country that is far from discussions about vegetarianism, veganism, recycling, CO2 emissions, but is because for us defending the environment can cost our Lifes, we need to be
heard , we need your empathy , a lot of us are willing to give our life for the future we do not have , we are only asking for your voice.
Here abroad in diplomatic positions friends of this corrupt government are representing Colombia and the news of what is happening to us is not seen on the international press.
Thousands of youths in Colombia are willing to die while they raise their voices for a better future, just remember that if we die in Colombia, ALL of us are going to lose the 10% of biodiversity that we need
on this era of climate change.
Signatures at the time of the change: 65