- Launched 23/07/2020
- Time remaining 5 weeks
- Dialog with recipient
Within the framework of law and due diligence, numerous (see below) Greek Communities/Organisations/Fraternities in Germany join forces and ask for your signature:
- The immediate restoration of Hagia Sophia's museum status in a World Heritage Site monument.
- The weekly opening of the temple for Christian worship.
The whole world watched paralyzed by Turkey's shameful act of turning Hagia Sophia into a mosque. This is clearly an act of barbarism against humanity. Turkey shows no respect to the international community and nostalgically the Ottoman reminisces in terms of Neo-Ottomanism.
The Hagia Sophia, which became a museum in 1934 as part of its Europeanization of the then newly founded Turkey and was welcomed by all European countries, was raised to World Heritage status in 1985 under the patronage of UNESCO and under the 1972 Convention. This was welcomed by the whole world, because this act eventually passed into the history of mankind, which belongs to everyone. Hagia Sophia is an absolut symbol of Christianity. Awaiting for your kindly support:
- Greek community Waiblingen e.V.
- Hellenic Community of Berlin e.V.
- Greek community Gütersloh e.V.
- Greek community Giengen / Brenz e.V.
- Rüsselsheim Greek community
- Greek community Filderstadt e.V.
- Greek community Heilbronn e.V.
- Greek community of Göppingen
- Greek community Gaildorf e.V.
- Greek community Gerlingen e.V.
- Greek community Fürth e.V.
- Greek community Bühlertal e.V.
- Greek community Ehingen e.V.
- Greek community Darmstadt e.V.
- Greek community in Augsburg e.V.
- Association of Macedonians in Berlin e.V.
- M.Alexandros- Greek Macedonia Association in Nuremberg a. Environment e.V.
- Association of Cretans in Berlin and Brandenburg, 'I Megalonissos' e.V.
- Federation of Greek parents and legal guardians in Baden-Württemberg e.V.
- Confederacy of parents and legal guardians in Germany (representing 61 associations across Germany)
Tools for the spreading of the petition.
You have your own website, a blog or an entire web portal? Become an advocate and multiplier for this petition. We have the banners, widgets and API (interface) to integrate on your pages.
- Number of signatures on openPetition and, if applicable, external pages.
- HTTP method
- Return format