We call for an Europe-wide holiday, legally anchored in the member states, which reminds EU citizens of the value of the largest and most successful peace project in human history - our European Union.
On May 9, 1950, the Europe Day, the foundation stone for the European Union was laid with the Schuman Declaration. However, this day is little present in people's consciousness and we want to change that. Especially in times of populism, extremism and nationalism, we should return to the commonalities that connect us regardless of origin, religion or culture. We are in favor of a free, open EU that must have peace and reconciliation, democracy, the rule of law and human rights as its first priority, because those are the wishes that bind us all together.
The holiday should be used to celebrate the commonalities of all Member States, transnational projects, achievements, friendships and mutual assistance within the EU. It should help to strengthen the we feeling, because only together we will be able to cope with the challenges of a constantly changing world.
A Europe-wide holiday
- reminds us that, in addition to being a national citizen, we are also EU citizens who stand for the same values, for a peaceful and respectful togetherness.
- sets a signal against populism, extremism and nationalism.
- brings us joy and the confidence that we can achieve everything together.
- we can recognize the overwhelmingly positive sides of the EU, despite all legitimate criticism.
- gives us a moment to breathe deeply in a hectic, increasingly complex world.
- makes it even harder for populists to promote a separation from the EU.
Tools for the spreading of the petition.
You have your own website, a blog or an entire web portal? Become an advocate and multiplier for this petition. We have the banners, widgets and API (interface) to integrate on your pages.
- Number of signatures on openPetition and, if applicable, external pages.
- HTTP method
- return format