A car park in Loupescht means:
- 114 places on 3 floors (blocking the view between schools and obscures surveillance of children),
- loss of time through barriers, paying for tickets, driving up and down,
- no more places for village feasts, no more opportunities for a cultural and intercultural meeting!
Unfortunately, at the Jongmëtt site, opportunity to create a concept for a nice village center integrating the old beautfil trees (Peppelen) has been missed. The idea was to have a site where:
- village life could take place,
- children with parents, teenagers and the elderly could find a place to meet.
- Instead, we were given an enclosed concrete large space.
The second missed opportunity to create a beautiful place was when the old “Rischette” house was demolished in front of the church.
Parking and Maison Relais, in and around Loupescht would definitely bury the last chance to create a great village center!
A parking lot was planned, underground or not, at the Jogmëtt site. What happened to that project? Too expensive? The « An der Loupescht » site is priceless for us! The Jongmëtt would be the ideal place for parkhous, in our opinion, because of its central location on the main road , with a direct connection to commerce, school, music school, culture, and public transport.
Also it offers better accessibility for the people from the neighboring villages, bringing them to the center but not in the kids area.