The cause is still valid and important, especially because...
1.) the Covid-19 crisis isn't over yet;
2.) on the political level, funding for recovery is still being discussed;
3.) certain legislation processes on the EU level are still ongoing (e.g. Creative Europe programme 2021-27);
4.) is long-term solution to improve the overall situation of the cultural ecosystem is needed.
Neues Zeichnungsende: 31.10.2020 Unterschriften zum Zeitpunkt der Änderung: 8496
Aquesta és la versió en català de la nostra carta oberta a la Comissió de la UE i als Estats membres, exigent suport per al sector cultural i creatiu, especialment creadors culturals, afectats per la crisi COVID-19.
We are happy to announce that more than 200 associations from the Cultural and Creative Sectors (CCS), representing over 1 million individual members, have signed our Open Letter that we will send to the EU Commission and the EU Member States tomorrow. You can find the detailed list attached.
A few days before we will send the Open Letter to the European Commission and the EU Member States, we are happy to announce that 103 MEPs (Members of the European Parliament) have signed the letter and support the cause of the Cultural and Creative Sectors (CCS) and so many authors, artists and creators all over Europe - and of the few thousand citizens who already support this petition.
Attached you find the detailed list of MEPs who signed.
Ordered by political groups, these are the numbers:
- European People's Party: 4 signatures (of 187 MEPs)
- Socialists & Democrats: 30 signatures (of 147 MEPs)
- Renew Europe: 20 signatures (of 98 MEPs)
- Identity & Democracy: 0 signatures (of 76 MEPs)
- Greens/European Free Alliance: 34 signatures (of 67 MEPs)
- Conservatives & Reformists: 3 signatures (of 61 MEPs)
- European United Left / Nordic Green Left: 11 signatures (of 39 MEPs)
- Non-attached Members: 1 signature (of 29 MEPs)
While the Open Letter will be sent next week, this petition will of course continue to run in order to show that also the public stands behind our demands for the CCS and its creators.